Search

Firefighters called to rescue dog trapped in recliner chair

PUBLISHED: 12:12 11 February 2018 | UPDATED: 12:12 11 February 2018

Firefighters were called to rescue a dog which had got trapped in a recliner chair Photo: Denise Bradley

Firefighters were called to rescue a dog which had got trapped in a recliner chair Photo: Denise Bradley

Archant

Firefighters from Great Yarmouth were sent to the aid of a dog in a nearby village, after it got trapped in a recliner chair.

A crew from the Yarmouth station was despatched at 11.08am on Sunday, February 11, after the pet found itself stuck in a chair on Manor Way in Ormesby St Margaret.

Arriving at the home at 11.31am, officers then spent 13 minutes rescuing the pooch from its predicament.

A spokesman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said the dog had become trapped between two metal bars of the chair’s reclining mechanism.

They added: “Fortunately, the dog did not suffer any injuries in the incident and is safe and well.”

Fire officers then left the scene at 11.44am after releasing the dog using what the spokesman described as “small gear”.

The spokesman was unable to confirm what breed of dog it was.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Great Yarmouth Mercury. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Great Yarmouth Mercury