WATCH: Firefighters tackle 300sgm blaze in Waxham
- Credit: Rosie Blamey
Footage shows firefighters attempting to tackle a blaze that covered an area of 300sqm in Waxham.
The sweltering temperatures and lack of rain have been welcomed by most, but have seen fire services across East Anglia put under severe pressure.
The fire in Waxham on Saturday took crews more than three hours to extinguish.
Fire engines from Stalham, Martham and Great Yarmouth arrived at the scene at around 6.50pm, following a 999 call.
Crews used hoses to put out the large fire on the dunes.
It was reported locally that the fire was started by a disposable barbecue.
Paul Seaman, duty group manager of Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service, expects the hard work to continue across the county this week with temperatures expected to remain high, even rising further.
- 1 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 2 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 3 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 4 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 5 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 6 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 7 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 8 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 9 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 'Spectacular' parade of horses to celebrate Queen's Jubilee on Golden Mile
He said: “We are anticipating being very busy and we’d urge people to be as vigilant as possible. If they see a fire, then report it to us as quickly as possible, so we can put it out as quickly as possible.”