Firefighters tackle chimney fires
FIREFIGHTERS have issued a warning for people burning open fires to take extra care, following three chimney fires at the weekend.Great Yarmouth firefighters were called out shortly before 4am on Sunday to a house in Beccles Road, Haddiscoe when the blaze was quickly extinguished.
FIREFIGHTERS have issued a warning for people burning open fires to take extra care, following three chimney fires at the weekend.
Great Yarmouth firefighters were called out shortly before 4am on Sunday to a house in Beccles Road, Haddiscoe when the blaze was quickly extinguished.
At just after 4.25pm the same day, the Yarmouth crew was on the road again to a similar blaze - this time at a property in Acle New Road, Yarmouth, and it took 50 minutes to bring the fire under control.
The third incident was shortly before 7.30pm on Sunday at a home in Old Road, Acle with the firefighting crew from Acle taking 20 minutes to bring the blaze under control.
You may also want to watch:
Risk manager with Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service, Jon Wilby said: “With winter well and truly here, Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service has seen an increase in chimney fires over the past few weeks. The service has attended 18 chimney or wood burner incidents since Christmas Eve across the county, compared to 13 over a similar period last year.”
- 1 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Woman whose house was bombed in the war celebrates 100th birthday
- 5 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 6 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 7 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 8 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
- 9 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 10 Parking ban outside town centre church looks set to be reversed