Search

Firefighters tackle kitchen blaze

PUBLISHED: 17:27 22 April 2009 | UPDATED: 13:44 03 July 2010

A bungalow in Upton was left with smoke damage following a kitchen fire this morning.

Firefighters from Great Yarmouth were alerted to the blaze in the detached bungalow on Prince of Wales Road shortly after 9.

A bungalow in Upton was left with smoke damage following a kitchen fire this morning.

Firefighters from Great Yarmouth were alerted to the blaze in the detached bungalow on Prince of Wales Road shortly after 9.30am.

Crews wearing breathing apparatus using hose reel jets took about 30 minutes to extinguish the fire and then ventilated the property.

No one was injured in the fire.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Great Yarmouth Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Great Yarmouth Mercury