Firefighters called out to deal with kitchen fire in Martham
Two fire engines have been called out to tackle a kitchen fire in a Broads village.
The fire was reported in Rising Way in Martham at 11.48am on Monday and saw fire engines from Great Yarmouth and a fire engine from Gorleston called out.
A statement from the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said crews wearing breathing equipment used hose reel jets supplemented by a hydrant to put out the fire.
The statement added: “Crews used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the building of smoke and a thermal image camera was used to check for hot spots.”
Last week the fire service issued safety advice after more than 60 kitchen fires were reported in the east of the county since April last year.
Around three quarters of all house fires attended by Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service in the east of the county started in the kitchen.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Great Yarmouth Mercury. Click the link in the orange box below for details.