First bus steps up a gear
BUS operator First Eastern Counties is increasing services to every 15 minutes on the Great Yarmouth to Norwich route it was announced this week.The new timetable means competition on the flagship route between First and rival operator Anglian Buses is set to get even fiercer.
BUS operator First Eastern Counties is increasing services to every 15 minutes on the Great Yarmouth to Norwich route it was announced this week.
The new timetable means competition on the flagship route between First and rival operator Anglian Buses is set to get even fiercer.
It follows the introduction of extra buses for First's X1 service in January and the announcement of a £4 million investment in 20 new double-deckers that will enter service later this year.
The quarter hourly service is being introduced on April 28 and will double the number of First buses on the route with 50 travelling each way daily between Monday and Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
First Eastern counties managing director Peter Iddon said: “The growth of the X1 route is quite outstanding and we can look forward to even greater passenger numbers with this doubling of service frequencies. The bus has been proven time and time again to be a great stress-free way of travelling, as well as being environmentally friendly and using the X1 service is now an even more attractive proposition. The combination of a 15 minute frequency and a 35 minute journey time on this route is unbeatable.”
Anglian is also doubling the frequency of its A47 service between Yarmouth and Norwich this month after proving a hit with passengers since launching at the start of the year.
- 1 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 2 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 3 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Yarmouth bridge will not lift until March 2022 as upgrade works delayed
- 6 Vacant Game store hosts walk-in Covid test centre
- 7 Decision on controversial four-storey flats pushed back
- 8 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 9 Shop owners say don't worry about Christmas supplies
- 10 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
Visit www.firstgroup.com or call 08456 020 121 for full timetable and fare information.