First Eastern Counties bus boss quits
PETER Iddon, the managing director of First Eastern Counties Buses, has announced his resignation. A statement from the company says he has made the decision in order to pursue other interests and spend more time at home with his family.
PETER Iddon, the managing director of First Eastern Counties Buses, has announced his resignation.
A statement from the company says he has made the decision in order to pursue other interests and spend more time at home with his family. He has also made the decision at this time so that he leaves the company in a strong operating position.
During his time at the helm, Peter led First Eastern Counties in making significant improvements in the quality of service delivered to customers as well as putting major investment into the quality of the vehicle fleet.
Peter said: "I've thoroughly enjoyed the time I've spent working in Eastern Counties and, while the post of managing director has certainly been a demanding one, it has been made much easier by the many dedicated and professional colleagues that I work with on a daily basis.
You may also want to watch:
“With the ongoing assistance of these talented individuals, I firmly believe the company can only continue to improve the quality of the service it delivers to its customers in East Anglia."
Nicola Shaw, Managing Director of First UK Bus, said: “We are grateful for all that Peter has done to improve this business. The ongoing development and improvement of First in this region will be testament to what he has achieved for the company.
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 3 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Historical clock restored after sitting in cellar for 60 years
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 9 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 10 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
“We wish Peter all the best for the future and thank him for his input to First over the years.”