Fix Our Railway Station: Talks held
THE businessman behind efforts to smarten up Great Yarmouth Railway Station met with train bosses this week.Spencer McCormack held discussions with managers from National Express East Anglia which runs the terminal.
THE businessman behind efforts to smarten up Great Yarmouth Railway Station met with train bosses this week.
Spencer McCormack held discussions with managers from National Express East Anglia which runs the terminal.
Mr McCormack has received backing from several local businesses since appealing for help to clean up the station.
It followed the launch of the Fix our Station campaign in January, which has attracted around 3,000 pledges of support online and in writing. Work is already underway on a �70,000 pedestrian and cycle link to the station from Acle New Road and rail chiefs are promising further improvements.
You may also want to watch:
Bwell health club director Mr McCormack said: “National Express agree the station is looking dowdy and unwelcoming and I am optimistic that some changes will be seen shortly.
“Hopefully a forum can be held where the public can look at some of the proposed improvements and make their views known. This will focus on the surrounding area, including Vauxhall Bridge, not just the station.”
- 1 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 'We will have to work at it' - mixed reaction as Great Yarmouth in tier 2
- 4 'I think it's pretty fair' - Great Yarmouth people react to Tier 2 announcement
- 5 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 6 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 7 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 8 'I gave it a good run': Postmistress of 27 years retires due to Covid
- 9 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
- 10 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
The campaign on social networking site Facebook and online petition has been spearheaded by prospective Conservative candidate for Great Yarmouth Brandon Lewis.
Visit www.fixourstation.com and join the Facebook group by searching for Fix Great Yarmouth Station.