Fix Our Railway Station: Talks held
THE businessman behind efforts to smarten up Great Yarmouth Railway Station met with train bosses this week.Spencer McCormack held discussions with managers from National Express East Anglia which runs the terminal.
THE businessman behind efforts to smarten up Great Yarmouth Railway Station met with train bosses this week.
Spencer McCormack held discussions with managers from National Express East Anglia which runs the terminal.
Mr McCormack has received backing from several local businesses since appealing for help to clean up the station.
It followed the launch of the Fix our Station campaign in January, which has attracted around 3,000 pledges of support online and in writing. Work is already underway on a �70,000 pedestrian and cycle link to the station from Acle New Road and rail chiefs are promising further improvements.
You may also want to watch:
Bwell health club director Mr McCormack said: “National Express agree the station is looking dowdy and unwelcoming and I am optimistic that some changes will be seen shortly.
“Hopefully a forum can be held where the public can look at some of the proposed improvements and make their views known. This will focus on the surrounding area, including Vauxhall Bridge, not just the station.”
- 1 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 2 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 3 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 4 Knifeman threatened to cut victim's throat if he 'grassed'
- 5 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 6 Man throws bottle through house window in confrontation
- 7 'Public' swimming pool could have to shut after mystery complaint
- 8 Missing man found safe and well
- 9 Beds occupied by Covid patients at hospital increases five-fold in a month
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
The campaign on social networking site Facebook and online petition has been spearheaded by prospective Conservative candidate for Great Yarmouth Brandon Lewis.
Visit www.fixourstation.com and join the Facebook group by searching for Fix Great Yarmouth Station.