Search

Flat fire in Gorleston

PUBLISHED: 19:10 11 March 2011

A FLAT fire has left a Gorleston resident temporarily homeless tonight after causing substantial damage to the town centre property.

The blaze, in Lower Cliff Road, started with an electrical fault in the kitchen and firefighters from Yarmouth took 30 minutes to deal with the fire.

A spokesman for the fire service said nobody was in the flat when the blaze started shortly after 4pm, but the homeowner returned while fire crews were at the scene.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Great Yarmouth Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Great Yarmouth Mercury