Search

Flat fire traps residents

PUBLISHED: 10:00 15 March 2010 | UPDATED: 17:03 30 June 2010

Residents were trapped in their flats when fire broke out in the stairwell of a property in Rodney Road, Great Yarmouth.

Two fire crews from the town's station were called to the blaze at about 9.

Residents were trapped in their flats when fire broke out in the stairwell of a property in Rodney Road, Great Yarmouth.

Two fire crews from the town's station were called to the blaze at about 9.30pm on Friday and found thick smoke spreading up the stairs.

Firefighters donned breathing apparatus to tackle the fire and put it out quickly to eliminate any danger to residents.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Great Yarmouth Mercury. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Great Yarmouth Mercury