Flat fire traps residents

Residents were trapped in their flats when fire broke out in the stairwell of a property in Rodney Road, Great Yarmouth.Two fire crews from the town's station were called to the blaze at about 9.

Residents were trapped in their flats when fire broke out in the stairwell of a property in Rodney Road, Great Yarmouth.

Two fire crews from the town's station were called to the blaze at about 9.30pm on Friday and found thick smoke spreading up the stairs.

Firefighters donned breathing apparatus to tackle the fire and put it out quickly to eliminate any danger to residents.