Flegg High School celebrating good OFSTED report
Flegg High School, at Martham, near Great Yarmouth is celebrating a “good” Ofsted report with inspectors noting “a strong focus on improving teaching, learning and the use of assessment in helping to accelerate progress”.
They found attendance was high and noted good teaching in the majority of lessons, alongside well-targeted support for students at risk of under-performing.
The specialist status of the school made a strong contribution to students’ good achievement, especially in business, maths and ICT. The report highlights the “wide range of enterprise activities helping to prepare students for the world of work”. Inspectors found previous areas of weakness have been tackled robustly so that achievement of current students in English, of higher attaining students and those with special educational needs was rising and was now good.
Most parents and carers were happy with their child’s experience in school although a few did not consider that enough account was taken of their views and that the school’s communication was good enough.
Inspectors found a number of areas “excellent”, including the extent to which pupils developed workplace and other skills and the extent to which they contributed to the school and wider community.
You may also want to watch:
Inspectors said the school needed to increase the proportion of lessons that are good or better to at least three-quarters within 12 months.
- 1 Fresh bid to knock down village pub for homes and shops
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 4 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 5 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 6 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 7 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 8 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 9 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 10 Woman missing from residential home found 'safe and well' after search