Football club dog mess concerns
A GROUP of irresponsible dog owners have been accused of creating a foul mess on a Gorleston playing field.The mess has been causing a nuisance for football teams playing at Magdalen Recreation Ground.
A GROUP of irresponsible dog owners have been accused of creating a foul mess on a Gorleston playing field.
The mess has been causing a nuisance for football teams playing at Magdalen Recreation Ground.
It is claimed that pitches at the recreation ground used by Gorleston Football Club are often littered with dog excrement.
Club vice-chairman Daren Palmer said: “I don't have a problem at all with dog owners, but a small number let the majority down by not clearing up after their pets. There are bins for the waste to go in, so there is no excuse for this.
“Before every match and training session we have to go round the field to look for dog mess.
“We pay sizeable fees every year to use the playing field, so it would be nice if the pitches were kept clear of mess.
- 1 Football club president is face known to thousand of Hippodrome fans
- 2 Where you can watch fireworks in Great Yarmouth this summer
- 3 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 4 PM's pledge over new hospitals, including James Paget, to be probed
- 5 Plans to revamp Great Yarmouth town centre gather pace
- 6 From classic cars to monster trucks - Wheels Festival draws thousands
- 7 Roadworks to know about in Great Yarmouth and Gorleston this week
- 8 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
- 9 Wimbledon hopes come to an end for Norfolk tennis ace
- 10 'Historic' ground share agreement sealed for season
“There is also a problem with some dogs running around on the pitch - one even destroyed a football, although the owner was very apologetic and paid for the damage.”
The recreation ground is owned by Great Yarmouth Borough Council and maintained by GYB Services.
Simon Mutten, the council's environmental services manager, pledged that action would be taken tackle the problem.