Football club dog mess concerns
A GROUP of irresponsible dog owners have been accused of creating a foul mess on a Gorleston playing field.The mess has been causing a nuisance for football teams playing at Magdalen Recreation Ground.
A GROUP of irresponsible dog owners have been accused of creating a foul mess on a Gorleston playing field.
The mess has been causing a nuisance for football teams playing at Magdalen Recreation Ground.
It is claimed that pitches at the recreation ground used by Gorleston Football Club are often littered with dog excrement.
Club vice-chairman Daren Palmer said: “I don't have a problem at all with dog owners, but a small number let the majority down by not clearing up after their pets. There are bins for the waste to go in, so there is no excuse for this.
You may also want to watch:
“Before every match and training session we have to go round the field to look for dog mess.
“We pay sizeable fees every year to use the playing field, so it would be nice if the pitches were kept clear of mess.
- 1 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
- 2 Pile of fly-tipped rubbish (including a car) finally cleared away
- 3 Village bids for 'summer evening vibe' with launch of outdoor market
- 4 5 amazing Norfolk properties for if you win the lottery
- 5 Popular tea room to reopen on the Broads
- 6 Coastal holiday parks getting £3m investment
- 7 How did Norfolk man end up buried in Iceland?
- 8 Great Yarmouth man banned from high street at night
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
“There is also a problem with some dogs running around on the pitch - one even destroyed a football, although the owner was very apologetic and paid for the damage.”
The recreation ground is owned by Great Yarmouth Borough Council and maintained by GYB Services.
Simon Mutten, the council's environmental services manager, pledged that action would be taken tackle the problem.