Former EDP editor joins Paget board
The former editor of the Eastern Daily Press has joined the James Paget hospital’s board of directors.
Peter Franzen, who was at the helm of the EDP for 16 years before retiring in 2009, has been appointed as a non-executive director to the board of the James Paget University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in Gorleston.
Mr Franzen, who lives in Loddon, has lived in the area for more than 40 years and his career in the publishing industry was recognised with numerous newspaper industry national and local awards.
In 2005 he was made an OBE for his services to journalism.
Mr Franzen said: “As a journalist you are largely a spectator, but this opportunity allows me to get on the pitch and play a real part in the development of the James Paget as we enter the next decade.”
John Hemming, chairman of the hospital, said: “I am delighted to welcome Peter in his appointment as non-executive director.
“He is joining the trust at a challenging time and Peter’s experience and skills will be a great asset to the board.”
- 1 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 4 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 5 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 6 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 7 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 8 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 9 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 10 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
Mr Franzen has been appointed by the governors council for an initial three year term of office starting this month 2010 and finishing in October 2013.