Former EDP editor joins Paget board
The former editor of the Eastern Daily Press has joined the James Paget hospital’s board of directors.
Peter Franzen, who was at the helm of the EDP for 16 years before retiring in 2009, has been appointed as a non-executive director to the board of the James Paget University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in Gorleston.
Mr Franzen, who lives in Loddon, has lived in the area for more than 40 years and his career in the publishing industry was recognised with numerous newspaper industry national and local awards.
In 2005 he was made an OBE for his services to journalism.
Mr Franzen said: “As a journalist you are largely a spectator, but this opportunity allows me to get on the pitch and play a real part in the development of the James Paget as we enter the next decade.”
You may also want to watch:
John Hemming, chairman of the hospital, said: “I am delighted to welcome Peter in his appointment as non-executive director.
“He is joining the trust at a challenging time and Peter’s experience and skills will be a great asset to the board.”
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 6 Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- 7 Mother-of-two takes over slumber party business
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 9 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 10 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
Mr Franzen has been appointed by the governors council for an initial three year term of office starting this month 2010 and finishing in October 2013.