'Tremendous regeneration potential': Norfolk boatyard up for auction
- Credit: Auction House East Anglia
A former boatyard is set to be auctioned off later this month.
People have the chance to own marine property extending to 4.25 acres as it is offered for sale at auction.
Marketed by Auction House East Anglia, the former Alphacraft Boatyard on Reeds Lane in St Olaves is due to be sold on a freehold tenure at an online auction on July 28, with a guide price of £200,000 to £250,000 plus fees.
Situated in the Norfolk village - between Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft and Beccles - the property description from the auctioneers states the former boatyard has "substantial River Waveney frontage."
It adds: "Reeds Lane is home to a number of marine related business and at the far end is this former boatyard offering tremendous rejuvenation potential.
"The property includes two large, somewhat dilapidated, workshop/storage buildings along with an elevated office/administration building although this was never completed internally.
"Externally, the site offers several mooring basins although these are now silted up and somewhat overgrown with reeds.
- 1 Warning after beach-goers hit with parking fines
- 2 'Deceptively large' fixer-upper in Yarmouth up for auction
- 3 Slug-infested home leads to £5,500 compensation pay-out
- 4 Alleged fly-tipper smashed through hedge after being locked inside property grounds
- 5 Seafront hotel evacuated as fire crews rush to the scene
- 6 Incredible photos of SS White Swan shipwreck revealed after low tide
- 7 Snack Shack serving drinks, rolls and ice creams opens at popular garden
- 8 School academy chain says no plan for three day week
- 9 Giant selfie sign for the Instagram age launched in Hemsby
- 10 Six Yarmouth flats producing £37,000 a year up for auction
"We believe this lot offers tremendous regeneration potential."
The site also contains "an array of boating paraphernalia, equipment and machinery" and is being sold as seen.