'Tremendous regeneration potential': Norfolk boatyard up for auction
- Credit: Auction House East Anglia
A former boatyard is set to be auctioned off later this month.
People have the chance to own marine property extending to 4.25 acres as it is offered for sale at auction.
Marketed by Auction House East Anglia, the former Alphacraft Boatyard on Reeds Lane in St Olaves is due to be sold on a freehold tenure at an online auction on July 28, with a guide price of £200,000 to £250,000 plus fees.
Situated in the Norfolk village - between Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft and Beccles - the property description from the auctioneers states the former boatyard has "substantial River Waveney frontage."
It adds: "Reeds Lane is home to a number of marine related business and at the far end is this former boatyard offering tremendous rejuvenation potential.
"The property includes two large, somewhat dilapidated, workshop/storage buildings along with an elevated office/administration building although this was never completed internally.
"Externally, the site offers several mooring basins although these are now silted up and somewhat overgrown with reeds.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 First Buses to change tickets to make travel simpler
- 3 Hundreds sign petition calling for coastal villages bus route to Norwich
- 4 CCTV appeal after series of Great Yarmouth burglaries
- 5 Out of stock: Great Yarmouth food bank's uncertain future
- 6 House of Fun! When Madness video was shot at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach
- 7 Norfolk woman in running to be named best hair stylist in the country
- 8 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 9 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 10 Events planned to empower and support Great Yarmouth girls
"We believe this lot offers tremendous regeneration potential."
The site also contains "an array of boating paraphernalia, equipment and machinery" and is being sold as seen.