Former vet puts her love of animals to use with pet caring franchise
- Credit: Sophia Guymer
A Norfolk animal-lover is leaving her teaching job to concentrate on her dog-sitting business.
Sophia Guymer, who has previously worked as a veterinary surgeon at Chapelfield Veterinary Partnership in Norwich and for the Veterinary Hospital in Gorleston, took over the Norfolk franchise of PetStay around a year ago.
This summer she will leave her job teaching animal management at East Coast College to focus on the business.
The service puts dog owners in touch with carers who want to have a pet around the house, but cannot commit to owning their own, who provide an alternative to kennels.
'I absolutely love my new job, I get to walk dogs and talk to people about dogs all day every day,' said the 45-year-old.
You may also want to watch:
She added she had built up a 20-strong carers network across the county.
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 4 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 5 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 6 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 7 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 8 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 9 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk