Four arrested in raid on rave
Four people were arrested yesterday when police closed down an illegal rave near Loddon.While thousands of people were flocking to Norfolk Constabulary's annual Gala Day in Norwich, it was business as usual for officers who disrupted the rave which had attracted 200 party-goers overnight.
Four people were arrested yesterday when police closed down an illegal rave near Loddon.
While thousands of people were flocking to Norfolk Constabulary's annual Gala Day in Norwich, it was business as usual for officers who disrupted the rave which had attracted 200 party-goers overnight.
Public order-trained officers and police dog units converged on the Sisland Carr area at 10.30am.
Three men and a woman were arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the organisation of a rave. Music and sound equipment was confiscated and vehicles were seized. Evidence gathered during the operation will be used to take action against others who attended.
You may also want to watch:
Supt Jo Parrett, who led the operation, said: “This action reinforces Norfolk Constabulary's zero-tolerance approach towards raves and unlicensed musical events which disrupt the peace and quiet of our local communities.
“As with any police operation, this was carefully planned and resources drawn from a wide area but I am pleased to say that it was executed without major incident and the majority of people left voluntarily.”
- 1 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 2 The budget: Great Yarmouth estate to receive £860,000
- 3 Where sewage is being emptied in rivers and waters around Yarmouth
- 4 Fashion boss treats Yarmouth auntie to Mercedes for 60th birthday
- 5 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 6 This pub can be included on your Trick or Treat round
- 7 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 8 Where can you see Father Christmas in the borough?
- 9 Public meetings to be held over 665-home bid
- 10 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?