Fraudsters target Belton man
AN ELDERLY Belton man paid �600 for a small garden hedge cut after being targeted by fraudsters who drove him to a bank to get the cash.The man, aged in his 70's, answered the door at his home to two men offering to cut the hedge.
AN ELDERLY Belton man paid �600 for a small garden hedge cut after being targeted by fraudsters who drove him to a bank to get the cash.
The man, aged in his 70's, answered the door at his home to two men offering to cut the hedge.
Once the work had been done, the men then drove the victim to Gorleston High Street to withdraw the cash on Friday morning between 9.30am and midday.
Police would like to hear from anyone who has been approached in a similar manner in the Belton area or seen two men in a blue van in the Belton or Gorleston area.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should phone either DS Mark Scott on 0845 4564567 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 2 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 3 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 4 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
- 5 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 6 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 7 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 8 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 9 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 10 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge