Fraudsters target Belton man
AN ELDERLY Belton man paid �600 for a small garden hedge cut after being targeted by fraudsters who drove him to a bank to get the cash.The man, aged in his 70's, answered the door at his home to two men offering to cut the hedge.
AN ELDERLY Belton man paid �600 for a small garden hedge cut after being targeted by fraudsters who drove him to a bank to get the cash.
The man, aged in his 70's, answered the door at his home to two men offering to cut the hedge.
Once the work had been done, the men then drove the victim to Gorleston High Street to withdraw the cash on Friday morning between 9.30am and midday.
Police would like to hear from anyone who has been approached in a similar manner in the Belton area or seen two men in a blue van in the Belton or Gorleston area.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should phone either DS Mark Scott on 0845 4564567 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 3 Airport-style security coming to seafront club amid spiking fears
- 4 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 5 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 6 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 7 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 8 Schoolchildren driving Covid rates across Yarmouth
- 9 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 10 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water