Free play days
CHILDREN aged three to 11 are being offered fun, free, play opportunities over the next two weeks.Great Yarmouth Borough Council has teamed up with the Big Lottery Fund's Play Opportunities project to provide snug play equipment for youngsters.
CHILDREN aged three to 11 are being offered fun, free, play opportunities over the next two weeks.
Great Yarmouth Borough Council has teamed up with the Big Lottery Fund's Play Opportunities project to provide snug play equipment for youngsters.
The snug is made up of a number of large colourful loose parts and has proved a winner with youngsters.
Snug play days are available at the following locations and times:
Today (Wednesday) - Cobholm multi-use games area, 10am to noon; St Nicholas Recreation Ground, 3 to 5pm.
Tomorrow (Thursday) - Filby playing field, 10am to noon; Rollesby playing field, 3 to 5pm.
- 1 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 2 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 3 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
- 4 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 5 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 6 Jailed in Norfolk this week: Soldier who raped child and man who stabbed ex
- 7 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 8 Stephen Mulhern comes to Yarmouth in tonight's episode of In for a Penny
- 9 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 10 The care home bringing people together in its own pub
Friday - Gorleston, near Marine Parade car park, 10am to noon; Hopton playing field, 3 to 5pm.
Monday - Caister, King George V playing field, 10am to noon; Caister, Diana Way, 3 to 5pm.
Tuesday - Gorleston, Southtown Common, Suffolk Road, 10am to noon; Gorleston recreation ground, 3 to 5pm.
Wednesday- Martham playing field, 10am to noon; Winterton, Winmer Avenue, 3 to 5pm.
Thursday - Bradwell, Mill Lane, 10am to noon; Gorleston, Edinburgh Avenue playing field, 3 to 5pm.
Friday - Great Yarmouth, Beaconsfield recreation ground 10am to noon; Burgh Castle playing field (behind Village Hall), 3pm to 5pm.
Parents and carers need to be present during their child's time on the snug.