Learn sign language at free taster course at village centre
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
People interested in learning British Sign Language can attend a free taster course in Bradwell, near Gorleston.
The six-week taster course starts on Wednesday, April 20 at the Old School Village Centre on Green Lane.
The beginners course is being offered by Deaf Connexions and will run between 4.30pm and 6pm on each of the six Wednesdays.
At the end of the course there will be a short in-class assessment and people will be handed a certificate.
Participant will also have a place reserved for a full British Sign Language course starting in September.
Although the six sessions are free, people are asked to make a £3 weekly donation to cover costs of the room hire and refreshments provided, with all remaining funds given to Deaf Connexions.
For further information on the taster course or to reserve a place call Lisa King on 07799 350 520.
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 3 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 4 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 5 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 6 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
- 7 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 8 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 9 Council defends cost of £70 posy vases amid criticism
- 10 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
Places are limited.