Free tests for prostate cancer
EVERY year 35,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer, but discovered in good time around two thirds make a full recovery.Now there is a chance for men in Great Yarmouth to get tested for the disease, the most common cancer amongst males over 50.
EVERY year 35,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer, but discovered in good time around two thirds make a full recovery.
Now there is a chance for men in Great Yarmouth to get tested for the disease, the most common cancer amongst males over 50.
Norfolk and Waveney Prostate Cancer Support Group is holding a PSA testing session at the Imperial Hotel on Tuesday, October 20.
At a previous session in Norwich last March 219 men were given a free PSA blood test, 31 were found to have an elevated reading, with a few now being treated for previously undiagnosed prostate cancer.
Anyone wishing to attend must book in advance by sending a stamped addressed envelope (minimum A5 size) to Big C Appeal, N&WPCSG (PSA test), 10a Castle Meadow, Norwich NR1 3DE.
Priority will be given to men over 50 with no history of prostate cancer not previously tested and with family history of either prostate cancer, or breast cancer.
- 1 Do you remember when these celebrities visited Great Yarmouth?
- 2 School defends Covid policy
- 3 Concern for missing Great Yarmouth man
- 4 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 5 'At the mercy of the virus' - restaurateur shares concern over Omicron
- 6 You can help keep Gorleston safe by joining CCTV team
- 7 Plan for new 30 affordable houses in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Car park closed after more erosion at Winterton
- 9 Great Yarmouth set to be transformed into a winter wonderland once again
- 10 'It's caused chaos' - Vaccine centre boss reacts after locks glued