Free wi-fi launched in Great Yarmouth’s Market Place
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers and workers in the Market Place can now access free wifi as part of the town centre's ongoing redevelopment.
The wifi is available for free and can be found on mobile devices under the name “Gt Yarmouth Free Wi-Fi” within the Market Place area.
A booster will be fitted to extend the signal underneath the market canopy.
Great Yarmouth Borough Council has launched the new service.
Council leader Carl Smith said: “This great free wi-fi is part of our wider work to enhance the experience of visiting the town centre and the market, supporting our improvement of the market facilities themselves and our wider aspirations to enhance digital connectivity.”
You may also want to watch:
Town centre manager Jonathan Newman, of Great Yarmouth Town Centre Partnership, said: “Shoppers will be able to freely access the internet for information about nearby shops, services, facilities and attractions whilst traders have the potential to post live images and information about their goods on social media."
"The opportunities to hold digital and live-streaming events in the Market Place can also be explored.”
- 1 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 2 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 3 A47 closed due to two-car crash at Acle straight
- 4 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 5 Inquest begins into death of decorator who died at home
- 6 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 7 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
- 10 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions