‘If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours’ - guides chalk inspirational messages to motivate children on walk to school
- Credit: Archant
Having children motivated and ready to learn is a difficult objective for many schools.
But, a guides group in Norfolk made that task a whole lot easier when they chalked inspirational messages on the pavements of Freethorpe for pupils to read on their walk to school.
Organised by the assistant leader of the guides in the village Poppy George, the messages included 'if you see someone without a smile give them one of yours' and 'you will never have this day again, make it count'.
Before writing the quotes, the girls aged between 10 and 14 took part in a bag pack at Asda in Great Yarmouth raising £705.39 for the group.
Miss George, 24, from Cantley said the messages were a way of giving something back to the community.
"The girls wanted to do something which would make an impression on people and they certainly did that," she said.
"We use the facilities in the village, so to have a positive impact on people here is great.
- 1 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 2 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 3 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 4 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 5 Gorleston murder accused not yet fit to enter plea
- 6 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 7 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 8 Birthday card plea for 'amazing' Rita who is turning 108
- 9 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 10 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
"We had a really good reaction to the messages from everybody which makes me very proud."
For more information on how you can join a guides group visit the Girlguiding website.