‘We won’t stop the search until we find you’ - Friends of Tony Green vow to carry on searching
- Credit: Archant
Friends of missing man Tony Green have vowed to carry on searching for him until he is found.
Eight friends of his carried out their own independent search in Great Yarmouth today on top of the ongoing police searches.
This afternoon they battled through nettles and thick woodland in Bure Park desperately hoping to find traces of evidence of him.
Jordan Howard, who has known Mr Green for six years, arranged the search having last been in contact with him a couple of days before his disappearance on Saturday night.
He said: “Tony is a really great lad and it’s not like him to disappear like this. As time goes by you start to worry a little.”
In an emotional video plea, he added: “Anything you need just message somebody and be in contact. We won’t stop the search until we find you.”
This afternoon Norfolk Police also released a CCTV image of Mr Green walking along Northgate Street in Great Yarmouth at 11.54pm on Saturday night after he left Club X.
- 1 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 2 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 3 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 4 Investigations continue after body part of man found on Yarmouth beach
- 5 7 delicious places to eat in Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 6 Cyclists embark on challenge from Gorleston to London
- 7 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Great Yarmouth roadworks expected to be finished by the end of the month
- 9 £65,000 of improvements will see Gorleston street closed for six weeks
- 10 'Revolutionary' cancer test trial to begin in Great Yarmouth
The 25-year-old, who has family homes in Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth was last seen that night.
An urban search and rescue team joined Great Yarmouth firefighters to help with their thorough search of the riverside. A drone was also being used in the investigation.
Chief Superintendent for Great Yarmouth Police, Roger Wiltshire, said: “Searches are still ongoing and have been widespread. We will continue to search the area until we have exhausted everywhere.
“As time goes on we are increasingly concerned.”
Bobby Parkes who helped with searches earlier this year for missing Gorleston girl, Sophie Smith, joined in with the efforts.
In a direct address to the 25-year-old, he said: “Please get into contact with someone, everyone is really anxious to find you and make sure you’re safe.”
His friends were set to continue the search of Bure Park tonight and will return in the morning if he is not found. They have also scheduled another search for tomorrow at 1pm from Bar X.
A facebook page called ‘Find Tony Green’ has been set up and can be found athttps://www.facebook.com/Find-Tony-Green-242738203042638/.