Fritton fatal crash: victim named
A 15-YEAR-old girl who died in a crash on the A143 between Belton and St Olaves has been named. Emily Knipe, from the Hopton area, was travelling in a white Vauxhall Corsa van when it left the road and crashed into a tree just after 8.
A 15-YEAR-old girl who died in a crash on the A143 between Belton and St Olaves has been named.
Emily Knipe, from the Hopton area, was travelling in a white Vauxhall Corsa van when it left the road and crashed into a tree just after 8.30am yesterday .
She was taken to the James Paget University Hospital after suffering serious head injuries but sadly later died.
The 19-year-old male driver suffered serious head and internal injuries and remains in a critical condition at the James Paget. Another passenger, a 14-year-old girl also from the Hopton area, received minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened on Beccles Road, in Fritton, close to the entrance of St Olaves Garden Centre. The van, which was travelling towards Belton, was in collision with the nearside verge before heading over into the opposite lane and colliding with a tree.
Police would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 3 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 4 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 5 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 6 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Councillors in coastal village vow to fight 665 homes bid
- 8 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 9 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 10 Teens aged 15 and 16 arrested after man stabbed in park robbery
Contact PC Steve Tyrrell, at Acle Road Policing, 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.