Fritton fatal crash: victim named
A 15-YEAR-old girl who died in a crash on the A143 between Belton and St Olaves has been named. Emily Knipe, from the Hopton area, was travelling in a white Vauxhall Corsa van when it left the road and crashed into a tree just after 8.
A 15-YEAR-old girl who died in a crash on the A143 between Belton and St Olaves has been named.
Emily Knipe, from the Hopton area, was travelling in a white Vauxhall Corsa van when it left the road and crashed into a tree just after 8.30am yesterday .
She was taken to the James Paget University Hospital after suffering serious head injuries but sadly later died.
The 19-year-old male driver suffered serious head and internal injuries and remains in a critical condition at the James Paget. Another passenger, a 14-year-old girl also from the Hopton area, received minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened on Beccles Road, in Fritton, close to the entrance of St Olaves Garden Centre. The van, which was travelling towards Belton, was in collision with the nearside verge before heading over into the opposite lane and colliding with a tree.
Police would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision.
- 1 Man charged with having more than 220,000 indecent images of children
- 2 Seaside cafe gets permission to sell alcohol
- 3 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 6 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 7 Goodbye number 12 - Send off to dedicated 4x4 response member
- 8 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 9 Seafront Empire re-opening as music and street food venue
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
Contact PC Steve Tyrrell, at Acle Road Policing, 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.