Fritton fatal crash: victim named
A 15-YEAR-old girl who died in a crash on the A143 between Belton and St Olaves has been named. Emily Knipe, from the Hopton area, was travelling in a white Vauxhall Corsa van when it left the road and crashed into a tree just after 8.
A 15-YEAR-old girl who died in a crash on the A143 between Belton and St Olaves has been named.
Emily Knipe, from the Hopton area, was travelling in a white Vauxhall Corsa van when it left the road and crashed into a tree just after 8.30am yesterday .
She was taken to the James Paget University Hospital after suffering serious head injuries but sadly later died.
The 19-year-old male driver suffered serious head and internal injuries and remains in a critical condition at the James Paget. Another passenger, a 14-year-old girl also from the Hopton area, received minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened on Beccles Road, in Fritton, close to the entrance of St Olaves Garden Centre. The van, which was travelling towards Belton, was in collision with the nearside verge before heading over into the opposite lane and colliding with a tree.
Police would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision.
- 1 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 2 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 3 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
- 4 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 5 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 6 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 7 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 8 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 9 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 10 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
Contact PC Steve Tyrrell, at Acle Road Policing, 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.