Fritton fatal crash: victim named
A 15-YEAR-old girl who died in a crash on the A143 between Belton and St Olaves has been named. Emily Knipe, from the Hopton area, was travelling in a white Vauxhall Corsa van when it left the road and crashed into a tree just after 8.
A 15-YEAR-old girl who died in a crash on the A143 between Belton and St Olaves has been named.
Emily Knipe, from the Hopton area, was travelling in a white Vauxhall Corsa van when it left the road and crashed into a tree just after 8.30am yesterday .
She was taken to the James Paget University Hospital after suffering serious head injuries but sadly later died.
The 19-year-old male driver suffered serious head and internal injuries and remains in a critical condition at the James Paget. Another passenger, a 14-year-old girl also from the Hopton area, received minor injuries.
The incident happened on Beccles Road, in Fritton, close to the entrance of St Olaves Garden Centre. The van, which was travelling towards Belton, was in collision with the nearside verge before heading over into the opposite lane and colliding with a tree.
Police would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 3 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 4 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 5 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 6 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 7 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 8 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 9 Winterton beach poses as Sydney's Bondi in new movie
- 10 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
Contact PC Steve Tyrrell, at Acle Road Policing, 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.