Fun day for disabled boy
A charity fun day at a village pub will celebrate a disabled boy's birthday and raise money for mobility equipment.The Jolly Farmer's pub in Ormesby is hosting a range of events in aid of George Howard who lives with a range of life-limiting problems.
A charity fun day at a village pub will celebrate a disabled boy's birthday and raise money for mobility equipment.
The Jolly Farmer's pub in Ormesby is hosting a range of events in aid of George Howard who lives with a range of life-limiting problems.
The climax of the fun will be pharmacist David Matilla's bushy beard shave after months of fundraising and collecting in local shops.
A 10-hour games marathon will see locals compete in a number of challenges and games including traditional pub games such as pool, darts and shove h'penny as well as a couple of unusual such as riding a miniature bike around the village and giant Jenga in the pub garden.
You may also want to watch:
The event is being organised by bar man Luke Woolston and landlord Martin Talbot. Luke said: “I am excited to be a part of this operation, and bringing the local community together is just magic. It makes you remember why we live in Ormesby.”
It all takes place on Saturday July 4 from 12 noon. All welcome - for more details please call the Jolly Farmers on 01493 730471.
- 1 Police arrest man in Gorleston murder probe
- 2 Opening date confirmed for new Sports Direct in town's former M&S
- 3 Man stabbed victim in chest with screwdriver at cemetery
- 4 'Trauma cafe' taking shape in former high street electrical shop
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Murder victim's brother: 'Please help find my beloved sister's killer'
- 7 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 8 Plan for third stand at coastal football ground
- 9 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 10 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel