Fun day for disabled boy
A charity fun day at a village pub will celebrate a disabled boy's birthday and raise money for mobility equipment.The Jolly Farmer's pub in Ormesby is hosting a range of events in aid of George Howard who lives with a range of life-limiting problems.
A charity fun day at a village pub will celebrate a disabled boy's birthday and raise money for mobility equipment.
The Jolly Farmer's pub in Ormesby is hosting a range of events in aid of George Howard who lives with a range of life-limiting problems.
The climax of the fun will be pharmacist David Matilla's bushy beard shave after months of fundraising and collecting in local shops.
A 10-hour games marathon will see locals compete in a number of challenges and games including traditional pub games such as pool, darts and shove h'penny as well as a couple of unusual such as riding a miniature bike around the village and giant Jenga in the pub garden.
You may also want to watch:
The event is being organised by bar man Luke Woolston and landlord Martin Talbot. Luke said: “I am excited to be a part of this operation, and bringing the local community together is just magic. It makes you remember why we live in Ormesby.”
It all takes place on Saturday July 4 from 12 noon. All welcome - for more details please call the Jolly Farmers on 01493 730471.
- 1 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 2 Norfolk boxer turns pro after winning fight against bullies
- 3 Land 'on fringe' of popular Norfolk village set for auction
- 4 New £14m special education school opens after two-year build
- 5 Great Yarmouth's Portuguese residents' share love for 'second home'
- 6 Norfolk man wins electric motorcycle worth £12,000
- 7 'I want to help as many people as I can' - Caister student's song for mental health
- 8 Apartment blocks close to seafront set for auction
- 9 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 10 Bin collection days to change across Great Yarmouth area