Fun day to help Belton tumour victim
VILLAGERS are hoping a special fundraising day will help lift the spirits of a Belton teenager who has a rare form of brain tumour.The charity fun day will be held on Saturday, August 22, at the Belton Tavern and follows a similar event in May, which raised �3,000 for youngster Aiden Forster.
VILLAGERS are hoping a special fundraising day will help lift the spirits of a Belton teenager who has a rare form of brain tumour.
The charity fun day will be held on Saturday, August 22, at the Belton Tavern and follows a similar event in May, which raised �3,000 for youngster Aiden Forster.
This time the focus is on 19 year old Great Yarmouth College student Luke Hopes, an apprentice electrician.
The teenager has already had one operation at Addenbrooke's Hospital, but he now has impaired speech, deafness in one ear, double vision and will require further intensive treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Dawn Applegate, from the Belton Tavern, said: “We are trying to raise funds towards his recovery and donate to the hospital's Neurosurgery ward while hoping that the day will lift Luke's spirits and lots of people will turn up.”
The event at the pub in Station Road, will be opened at 2pm. The fun day will run all day and will include an appearance from kickboxing champion Bin Tyler as well as various competitions, stalls, food, drinks and entertainment.
- 1 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 2 Norfolk boxer turns pro after winning fight against bullies
- 3 New £14m special education school opens after two-year build
- 4 Land 'on fringe' of popular Norfolk village set for auction
- 5 'I want to help as many people as I can' - Caister student's song for mental health
- 6 Norfolk man wins electric motorcycle worth £12,000
- 7 Great Yarmouth's Portuguese residents' share love for 'second home'
- 8 Abba and Beyoncé bottomless brunches coming to Norfolk venue
- 9 Bin collection days to change across Great Yarmouth area
- 10 Apartment blocks close to seafront set for auction
To contribute to the charity fund, call The Belton Tavern on 01493 780286.