Funding boost for Yarmouth cafe
A child-friendly caf� due to open in Great Yarmouth by January has received a �5,285 boost from the National Lottery.Young mother Dawn Webster and Lisa Smith will use the Big Lottery fund money to set up Family Den Caf� in the St James Church healthy living centre.
A child-friendly caf� due to open in Great Yarmouth by January has received a �5,285 boost from the National Lottery.
Young mother Dawn Webster and Lisa Smith will use the Big Lottery fund money to set up Family Den Caf� in the St James Church healthy living centre. The caf� will operate as a social enterprise and host activities like a book and pen pal club, arts and crafts and a children's corner.
It is hoped it will officially open on January 4, but some Christmas events may be held in the caf�.
The �5,285 grant came from a �302,000 lottery handout for the eastern region, which also saw the Work Academy in Norwich receive �7,665 to deliver a programme of learning for young people including accredited courses in trade skills, ICT training, interview techniques and employment preparation.
You may also want to watch:
Davy Place Grouped Homes Social Club in Norfolk received �8,267 to start a computer club.
Other groups to receive a lottery windfall in the region were: Caston Parish Council in Breckland, Attle-borough Junior School, Swaffham Town Council, Gaywood Park Action Group in King's Lynn, the Norfolk Disabled Parents Alliance, Cley Village Hall and Recreation Ground Charity, Seething Allotment Association, Holy Trinity Church in Loddon, Brandeston Village Hall and Recreation Ground and Norwich-based groups Interface Learning and the Africa Health Organisation.
- 1 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 2 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 3 Work on Great Yarmouth's Third River Crossing 'progressing well'
- 4 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 7 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 8 Too early? Family put up Christmas lights... in October
- 9 Picturesque path stays closed to dog owners after consultation
- 10 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony