Funding boost for Yarmouth cafe
A child-friendly caf� due to open in Great Yarmouth by January has received a �5,285 boost from the National Lottery.Young mother Dawn Webster and Lisa Smith will use the Big Lottery fund money to set up Family Den Caf� in the St James Church healthy living centre.
A child-friendly caf� due to open in Great Yarmouth by January has received a �5,285 boost from the National Lottery.
Young mother Dawn Webster and Lisa Smith will use the Big Lottery fund money to set up Family Den Caf� in the St James Church healthy living centre. The caf� will operate as a social enterprise and host activities like a book and pen pal club, arts and crafts and a children's corner.
It is hoped it will officially open on January 4, but some Christmas events may be held in the caf�.
The �5,285 grant came from a �302,000 lottery handout for the eastern region, which also saw the Work Academy in Norwich receive �7,665 to deliver a programme of learning for young people including accredited courses in trade skills, ICT training, interview techniques and employment preparation.
You may also want to watch:
Davy Place Grouped Homes Social Club in Norfolk received �8,267 to start a computer club.
Other groups to receive a lottery windfall in the region were: Caston Parish Council in Breckland, Attle-borough Junior School, Swaffham Town Council, Gaywood Park Action Group in King's Lynn, the Norfolk Disabled Parents Alliance, Cley Village Hall and Recreation Ground Charity, Seething Allotment Association, Holy Trinity Church in Loddon, Brandeston Village Hall and Recreation Ground and Norwich-based groups Interface Learning and the Africa Health Organisation.
- 1 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 2 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 3 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 4 Norwich City legends play football against dementia
- 5 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 6 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 7 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 10 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears