Great Yarmouth dishes out £1,000 after barbecue fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A summer barbecue by Masons from the East Norfolk Lodge has cooked up a £1,000 donation for Great Yarmouth’s Centre 81.
The money was presented to the charity by Lodge representatives Brian Robertson, Charity Steward; James Boags, Past Master, and Adrian Jarvis, Liaison Officer.
Diana Staines, chief executive of the charity based at Tar Works Road, said: “Local Masons have been hugely supportive of our work here and this latest donation is very welcome.
“I can’t thank them enough for their continued friendship and encouragement.”
Brian Robertson said: “The staff and volunteers at Centre 81 do outstanding work in our community and are thoroughly deserving of our support. We know that many members would be lost without the help they receive here.”
You may also want to watch:
Members of the East Norfolk Lodge and their families raised the money at a barbecue at Centre 81 in September.
Centre 81 operates a skills and activities centre for around 70 members.
- 1 Will Gorleston's splashpad open this summer?
- 2 Woman in her 60s dies following Gorleston fire
- 3 Police and fire crews at house blaze next to hospital
- 4 Flooded road causes disruption to bus services and drivers
- 5 Traffic delays on major road due to burst water main
- 6 Jaguar driver admits causing crash which left man needing 'life-saving' surgery
- 7 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014
- 8 Fire crews rush to car blaze on A47
- 9 'No mask, no entry' - Cinema defends policy after turning away customers
- 10 Room with a dragon's view: Inside Norfolk's first wizard-themed hotel
It also has a fleet of 10 minibuses providing transport for members and the wider public.