Fundraising is favourite for a monthly Gorleston craft fayre
- Credit: Archant
A monthly craft and gift fayre at the Cliff Hotel, Gorleston has been busy raising money for charity whilst also giving people the chance to showcase their talents.
The fayres, held on the first Tuesday of every month, sees crafters sell their products and local charities fundraise by selling items that volunteers have made and donated, as well as running raffles and tombolas.
One of the charities that benefits is Sunbeams Play, a centre in Great Yarmouth that provides a fun, safe and caring environment for children and young people with autism. We are currently
Another regular charity stall is The East Norfolk Friendship Group who fundraise for adults with autism and sell items that crafty volunteers have
Organisers The Crafty Gang are currently fundraising for these charities and others by selling colour-your-own Christmas cards and gift tag packs along with other festive items which will be available at the fayre in November and December.
The fayre, now in its fifth year, is in the main function room at the Cliff Hotel and hosts over 25 stalls. The main bar, restaurant and terrace is open all day and so makes it the perfect venue for a relaxing opportunity to shop and lunch.
- 1 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 2 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 3 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 4 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 5 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 6 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 7 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 8 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 9 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 'Spectacular' parade of horses to celebrate Queen's Jubilee on Golden Mile
The Craft Gangs’ stalls include Filby Fayre Jams, pickles & chutneys, Ultimate Glitz bags & jewellery, Mellie’s Bears, Lola Primrose Upcycled
items, Sarah Janes handmade cards, Lilyn Tree knitted dolls, Richards engraved glass & crystal, craft supplies, shabby chic items, handmade glass beads, folded books, gift hampers, hand sewn & knitted items, photography and paintings, children’s craft kits, various jewellery stalls and lots more.
To find out more or get involved, email email@example.com