Funeral of Yarmouth teenager today
THE funeral of a Yarmouth teenager who died after being tied to a tree and having petrol forced down his throat will be held today.Simon Everitt, 17, a Yarmouth College engineering student, was found dead in woodland at a farm in Mautby on Saturday, June 28.
THE funeral of a Yarmouth teenager who died after being tied to a tree and having petrol forced down his throat will be held today.
Simon Everitt, 17, a Yarmouth College engineering student, was found dead in woodland at a farm in Mautby on Saturday, June 28.
He had been missing since June 7 when he was last seen by the entrance of the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston.
Simon's funeral will be held at Yarmouth's St Nicholas Church at noon on Monday.
People attending the service will be able to make donations to the Simon Everitt Life Fund which aims to set up a youth club in the town in his memory.
His father Vince Everitt said that so far about £500 had been raised for the appeal, which organises fundraising nights at the Dukes Head Hotel every Thursday.
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 3 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 4 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 5 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 6 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
- 7 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 8 Council defends cost of £70 posy vases amid criticism
- 9 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 10 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
Two men- Jonathan Clarke, 19, of Telford, Shropshire, and Jimi Lee Stewart, 24 of Nelson Road Central, Yarmouth, have denied murdering Simon and are due to appear at Norwich Crown Court next April for their trial.
Maria Chandler, 40, of Lancaster Road, Yarmouth, has been charged with murdering Simon and has yet to enter a plea.