Pub to reopen kitchen after £2,000 refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
A pub in Great Yarmouth is set to reopen its kitchen for the first time in months after it has undergone a £2,000 refurbishment.
Whether it’s pie and mash, steak and chips or fish and chips, The Gallon Pot in the Market Place will start serving traditional “pub grub” over the next couple of weeks.
The pub has undergone a refurbishment after it was taken over by new owners four weeks ago.
The refurbishment includes a revamped kitchen and a new games room which is hoped to attract a family friendly atmosphere to The Gallon Pot.
The pub has been taken over by landlady Maria Armstrong and her husband Kirk who have ventured into pub ownership for the first time.
Mrs Armstrong, said: “I’m loving it, we’re hoping to create a friendly atmosphere in here where people can come in and have a laugh.
“We offer lots of entertainment for both children and adults and we hope people will enjoy coming here.”
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 3 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 4 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 5 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 6 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 7 Green light for quarry's expansion and longer life
- 8 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 9 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 10 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
They say the pub will be “child friendly” during the day and hope the new games room will provide plenty of entertainment for youngsters.
She added: “We want parents to be able to come to the pub and have a few drinks whilst their children can be kept busy with the entertainment downstairs.”
The games room includes a pool table and table football with an Xbox soon to be added.
Visitors can also enjoy other entertainment at the pub including karaoke and a DJ playing most Saturday’s.