Nursing home celebrates gardening award
- Credit: Kingsley Healthcare
Staff and residents at a nursing home in Great Yarmouth are celebrating success in Kingsley Healthcare’s In Bloom contest.
Competing against Kingsley’s 28 other homes across the country, Eversley Nursing Home in North Denes Road clinched the runner-up prize behind Colne House care home near Halstead in Essex.
At Eversley, staff and residents devised a display with hanging baskets and garden pots, which included vegetables and herbs as well as colourful flowers.
Home manager, Ewa Kujawa, said she would be consulting staff about how best to spend their £100 prize on further enhancing the garden.
She said: “Everyone was so excited when they learned of our success. We will be looking to buy plants that can be dug up and replanted when we develop the garden of our new, enlarged home.”
You may also want to watch:
Eversley will soon undergo a £5m redevelopment which will see an extension built on the neighbouring site of a disused hotel.
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 4 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 6 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 7 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 8 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 9 Award-winning Halloween event returns to Great Yarmouth this half term
- 10 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways