Popular comedy club is back with a brand new venue and panel-show favourite
- Credit: Supplied by WCB Comedy
A popular comedy club is back in a new venue after the Covid shutdown, with a big name to re-launch it.
Now, post lockdown, the laughs are back but at a new venue - Gorleston's Ocean Room - with one-liner merchant Gary Delaney at the helm.
Described as delivering "a merciless set of wall-to-wall, no-filler joke artistry" Delaney is a regular on Mock The Week and Live At The Apollo.
The 48-year-old, who is married to Sarah Millican, has written for many hit television shows including 8 Out Of 10 Cats and A League Of Their Own, and will be joined by two comedians plus an MC.
WCB Comedy comprises comedy promoter Paul Dunn and panto veteran Gavin Dean, the entrepreneur behind production company GDCreatives.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Dean said: "We had a great run over many years at the previous venue and the names WCB get simply are the best.
"It isn’t only the brilliant headliners they provide but also the other acts on the night are always of a great standard as well. We are lucky to have The Man They Call G back on the roster for one night only. Here’s a guy who works all year in clubs, theatres and cruise ships with a tremendously funny act.”
- 1 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 2 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 3 A47 closed due to two-car crash at Acle straight
- 4 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 5 Inquest begins into death of decorator who died at home
- 6 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 7 'A wonderful place': A look back at Gorleston's 'second high street'
- 8 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Part of A47 closed due to crash
Ben Jay, owner and manager of The Ocean Room said, "We're really pleased that this first night is already selling well given that the intention is for Gavin, Paul and I to put on a regular comedy night here at our historic venue."
WCB's other event at Southwold Arts Centre in October with Reginald D Hunter has already sold out.
I went on a barging holiday, I haven't got a boat I just like pushing people into canals
I tell you what always catches my eye - short people with umbrellas
One time I persuaded by kid brother to swallow a torch, it was worth it to see his little face light up.
If Bing Crosby was great, imagine how good Google Crosby would have been.