Search

Gas fears close school

PUBLISHED: 12:41 14 January 2009 | UPDATED: 12:45 03 July 2010

Cobholm Primary School was closed for a day last week amid concerns that carbon monoxide was leaking from a heater in a mobile classroom.

The heater was shut down and electric heaters are being used until it can be replaced.

Cobholm Primary School was closed for a day last week amid concerns that carbon monoxide was leaking from a heater in a mobile classroom.

The heater was shut down and electric heaters are being used until it can be replaced.

Kate Gooding, spokesman for children's services at Norfolk County Council, said: “School boilers and heaters are subject to annual safety checks... and leaks such as this are extremely rare.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Great Yarmouth Mercury. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Great Yarmouth Mercury