Gas fears close school

Cobholm Primary School was closed for a day last week amid concerns that carbon monoxide was leaking from a heater in a mobile classroom. The heater was shut down and electric heaters are being used until it can be replaced.

Cobholm Primary School was closed for a day last week amid concerns that carbon monoxide was leaking from a heater in a mobile classroom.

The heater was shut down and electric heaters are being used until it can be replaced.

Kate Gooding, spokesman for children's services at Norfolk County Council, said: “School boilers and heaters are subject to annual safety checks... and leaks such as this are extremely rare.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus