Get in tip top form for run
hundreds of competitors will take part at the premier event in Great Yarmouth's athletics calendar: the East Coast Run.And those planning to line up at the start of the 10k run in St George's Park on Sunday, October 25, have the perfect opportunity to shape up at a series of training sessions.
hundreds of competitors will take part at the premier event in Great Yarmouth's athletics calendar: the East Coast Run.
And those planning to line up at the start of the 10k run in St George's Park on Sunday, October 25, have the perfect opportunity to shape up at a series of training sessions.
Get Back Into Running evenings have been organised by Active Norfolk to help you to prepare for the event.
Led by trained instructors, the free sessions are being held on Tuesdays, starting at 6.45pm, for the next four weeks.
The next takes place at Cliff Park Primary School, Gorleston, and then they are at the Marina Centre, Yarmouth, on October, 6, 13 and 20. Places can be reserved online at www.activenorfolk.
org/getbackinto or call 01603 697024.
- 1 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 2 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 3 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 4 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 5 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 8 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 9 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 10 The care home bringing people together in its own pub
Beginner sessions are also being held every Wednesday from 5pm to 6pm at the NHS Yarmouth and Waveney offices in Common Lane North, Beccles.
The East Coast Run is organised by Yarmouth Road Runners with sponsorship from NHS Yarmouth and Waveney.
Partners include the borough council, Active Norfolk, Great Yarmouth Town Centre Partnership and Greater Yarmouth Tourism Authority. The Mercury is the media partner.
Prizes will be awarded for five age categories and teams, with a special memento for all finishers.
An entry form is published in Friday's Mercury.