Get in tip top form for run
hundreds of competitors will take part at the premier event in Great Yarmouth's athletics calendar: the East Coast Run.And those planning to line up at the start of the 10k run in St George's Park on Sunday, October 25, have the perfect opportunity to shape up at a series of training sessions.
hundreds of competitors will take part at the premier event in Great Yarmouth's athletics calendar: the East Coast Run.
And those planning to line up at the start of the 10k run in St George's Park on Sunday, October 25, have the perfect opportunity to shape up at a series of training sessions.
Get Back Into Running evenings have been organised by Active Norfolk to help you to prepare for the event.
Led by trained instructors, the free sessions are being held on Tuesdays, starting at 6.45pm, for the next four weeks.
You may also want to watch:
The next takes place at Cliff Park Primary School, Gorleston, and then they are at the Marina Centre, Yarmouth, on October, 6, 13 and 20. Places can be reserved online at www.activenorfolk.
org/getbackinto or call 01603 697024.
- 1 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 2 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 3 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 4 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 5 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 6 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 7 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 8 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 9 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 10 Best friend pays tribute to missing woman, describing her as a 'lovely lady'
Beginner sessions are also being held every Wednesday from 5pm to 6pm at the NHS Yarmouth and Waveney offices in Common Lane North, Beccles.
The East Coast Run is organised by Yarmouth Road Runners with sponsorship from NHS Yarmouth and Waveney.
Partners include the borough council, Active Norfolk, Great Yarmouth Town Centre Partnership and Greater Yarmouth Tourism Authority. The Mercury is the media partner.
Prizes will be awarded for five age categories and teams, with a special memento for all finishers.
An entry form is published in Friday's Mercury.