Get in tip top form for run
hundreds of competitors will take part at the premier event in Great Yarmouth's athletics calendar: the East Coast Run.And those planning to line up at the start of the 10k run in St George's Park on Sunday, October 25, have the perfect opportunity to shape up at a series of training sessions.
hundreds of competitors will take part at the premier event in Great Yarmouth's athletics calendar: the East Coast Run.
And those planning to line up at the start of the 10k run in St George's Park on Sunday, October 25, have the perfect opportunity to shape up at a series of training sessions.
Get Back Into Running evenings have been organised by Active Norfolk to help you to prepare for the event.
Led by trained instructors, the free sessions are being held on Tuesdays, starting at 6.45pm, for the next four weeks.
You may also want to watch:
The next takes place at Cliff Park Primary School, Gorleston, and then they are at the Marina Centre, Yarmouth, on October, 6, 13 and 20. Places can be reserved online at www.activenorfolk.
org/getbackinto or call 01603 697024.
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 3 Airport-style security coming to seafront club amid spiking fears
- 4 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 5 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 6 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 7 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 8 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 9 Schoolchildren driving Covid rates across Yarmouth
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
Beginner sessions are also being held every Wednesday from 5pm to 6pm at the NHS Yarmouth and Waveney offices in Common Lane North, Beccles.
The East Coast Run is organised by Yarmouth Road Runners with sponsorship from NHS Yarmouth and Waveney.
Partners include the borough council, Active Norfolk, Great Yarmouth Town Centre Partnership and Greater Yarmouth Tourism Authority. The Mercury is the media partner.
Prizes will be awarded for five age categories and teams, with a special memento for all finishers.
An entry form is published in Friday's Mercury.