Get involved in the running of James Paget Hospital
AN appeal has gone out for people wanting to get involved with overseeing how the James University Paget Hospital is run.
The Gorleston hospital is holding elections for 20 public governors and seven staff governors.
Their role is to represent the interests and views of Trust Members and work with the board of directors to drive forward developments.
They have a say on strategic issues and are responsible for the appointment of the Trust’s non executive Directors, including the chairman, and decisions on their pay. They also act as ambassadors for the Trust.
Trust chairman, John Hemming said: “Being a governor makes a real difference to the way we run our hospital services and how we respond to the needs of our patients and Trust membership.
“We are keen that they are representative of the local community, and I would encourage anyone with an interest to make the most of this opportunity.”
Nomination packs with information on how to stand for election are available from the Electoral Reform Services Ltd from Thursday 12 May 2011. All nomination papers must be received by the returning officer by noon on Friday May 27. Faxed or email nominations will not be accepted.
- 1 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 2 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 3 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 4 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 5 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 6 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 7 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 8 Church glamping pod plan on ice as £626,000 funding bid awaits approval
- 9 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 10 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
Contact Election Reform Services Ltd, The Election Centre, 33 Clarendon Road, LondonN8 ONW.
The result of the election will be announced on Friday, July 15.
For more information about the role, please contact Hazel Cresswell on 01493 453102.