Get ready for Gorleston's clifftop gala
BUMPER crowds are expected at Gorleston's Cliff Top Festival running from Friday to Sunday.Starting in 1997, the festival, formerly the Cliff Top Gala, attracted an attendance of 35,000 last year.
BUMPER crowds are expected at Gorleston's Cliff Top Festival running from Friday to Sunday.
Starting in 1997, the festival, formerly the Cliff Top Gala, attracted an attendance of 35,000 last year.
On Friday, from 7.30pm, revellers are invited to the 1970s-themed Wig Wam Glam night featuring glam rock band Throb and Beach Radio's Steward Lee.
Tickets for the evening are available �5 in advance by calling 01493-664140 or �6 on the door.
You may also want to watch:
The festival's Saturday sports day starts with a park run 5km race and includes beach volleyball, gymnastics, karate, basketball, football and table tennis.
The National Academy of Ballet will be demonstrating their skills and offering children's classes.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- 4 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 8 N-Dubz themed bottomless brunch announced for Norfolk
- 9 Mother-of-two takes over slumber party business
- 10 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
Popular live music slots showcase upcoming talent on Saturday evening.
Sunday is Gala Day with a variety of attractions, displays, stalls and organisations spaced over 12 themed areas.