Get ready for Gorleston's clifftop gala
BUMPER crowds are expected at Gorleston's Cliff Top Festival running from Friday to Sunday.Starting in 1997, the festival, formerly the Cliff Top Gala, attracted an attendance of 35,000 last year.
BUMPER crowds are expected at Gorleston's Cliff Top Festival running from Friday to Sunday.
Starting in 1997, the festival, formerly the Cliff Top Gala, attracted an attendance of 35,000 last year.
On Friday, from 7.30pm, revellers are invited to the 1970s-themed Wig Wam Glam night featuring glam rock band Throb and Beach Radio's Steward Lee.
Tickets for the evening are available �5 in advance by calling 01493-664140 or �6 on the door.
You may also want to watch:
The festival's Saturday sports day starts with a park run 5km race and includes beach volleyball, gymnastics, karate, basketball, football and table tennis.
The National Academy of Ballet will be demonstrating their skills and offering children's classes.
- 1 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 2 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 3 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 4 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 5 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 6 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 7 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 8 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 9 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 10 Best friend pays tribute to missing woman, describing her as a 'lovely lady'
Popular live music slots showcase upcoming talent on Saturday evening.
Sunday is Gala Day with a variety of attractions, displays, stalls and organisations spaced over 12 themed areas.