Get ready for Gorleston's clifftop gala
BUMPER crowds are expected at Gorleston's Cliff Top Festival running from Friday to Sunday.Starting in 1997, the festival, formerly the Cliff Top Gala, attracted an attendance of 35,000 last year.
BUMPER crowds are expected at Gorleston's Cliff Top Festival running from Friday to Sunday.
Starting in 1997, the festival, formerly the Cliff Top Gala, attracted an attendance of 35,000 last year.
On Friday, from 7.30pm, revellers are invited to the 1970s-themed Wig Wam Glam night featuring glam rock band Throb and Beach Radio's Steward Lee.
Tickets for the evening are available �5 in advance by calling 01493-664140 or �6 on the door.
The festival's Saturday sports day starts with a park run 5km race and includes beach volleyball, gymnastics, karate, basketball, football and table tennis.
The National Academy of Ballet will be demonstrating their skills and offering children's classes.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 3 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 4 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 5 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 6 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 7 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 8 Winterton beach poses as Sydney's Bondi in new movie
- 9 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 10 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
Popular live music slots showcase upcoming talent on Saturday evening.
Sunday is Gala Day with a variety of attractions, displays, stalls and organisations spaced over 12 themed areas.