Get set for Xmas lights switch on!
GREAT Yarmouth joins in with the spirit of Christmas once again this year with the traditional switching on of the Christmas lights.The event is tomorrow evening (Wednesday) and the lights will be switched on by Mayor Tony Smith plus special guests Father Christmas and Mr Snowman.
GREAT Yarmouth joins in with the spirit of Christmas once again this year with the traditional switching on of the Christmas lights.
The event is tomorrow evening (Wednesday) and the lights will be switched on by Mayor Tony Smith and the newly crowned Miss Great Yarmouth Victoria Allard,18, plus special guests Father Christmas and Mr Snowman.
Joining them for an evening of entertainment on the Heart FM soundstage will be breakfast hosts, Rob and Chrissie. The Mayor will push the switch for the town's Christmas lights at 7 pm, following musical entertainment performances until the Firework Finale at 8 pm.
Gorleston is also busy preparing for the switching on of their festive lights next Friday, December 4. Helen McDermott will be pressing the switch at 7pm and will be joined by special guest Mickey the Mouse, who will lead the children to see Santa.
High Street traders have been working hard to make things Christmassy in Gorleston with an evening of family festivities from 6pm till 9 pm that will see live acts and carol singing around the tree.
Tickets will also be on sale for a gigantic Christmas raffle, which is raising money for palliative care east.
- 1 See inside £1.1m Broads' home with own cottage and pool
- 2 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 3 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 4 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 5 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 6 Takeaways in and around Great Yarmouth with five-star food hygiene ratings
- 7 Great Yarmouth fashion boss offers free Maldives holiday
- 8 Investigations continue after stabbing in town park
- 9 New thrill ride arrives at seaside theme park
- 10 Erosion-risk coastwatch tower to be dismantled