Give our girl a sporting chance
THE parents of a promising young footballer have appealed for funds to help her go on tour next month.Caister girl Megan Bartlett needs to raise �300 to play in the matches for the Norwich City Centre of Excellence team.
THE parents of a promising young footballer have appealed for funds to help her go on tour next month.
Caister girl Megan Bartlett needs to raise �300 to play in the matches for the Norwich City Centre of Excellence team.
Midfielder Megan will be lining up against other FA licensed Girls Centre of Excellences teams from Manchester United, Birmingham City and Aston Villa at the event in Nottinghamshire.
Megan has made great progress since starting to play football three years ago and played for Caister Roma and Bohemians before being selected for the Norwich City team.
You may also want to watch:
She has taken part in bag packing sessions to raise cash for the trip during the Easter holiday and Mum Karen and dad Chris are also providing support.
The Caister Junior School pupil's dream is to play top level women's club and international football in the future
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 4 Woman whose house was bombed in the war celebrates 100th birthday
- 5 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 6 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 7 £1.5m housing plan for failed former mental health hospital
- 8 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 9 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 10 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
Karen said: “Megan is such a talented and dedicated player and it would be great if there are some generous people who could give her the support she needs to take part in these matches.”
Anyone able to help should call Karen and Chris on 01493 720193 or 07988803520.