Club that helps lonely and bereaved returns after lockdown
- Credit: Archant
A popular coffee and chat club is welcoming back old and new members.
Golden Threads has been running at St George's Theatre cafe in Great Yarmouth since 2014, but it has taken a break due to the lockdowns over the past year.
Now that people are allowed to meet inside, Golden Threads is returning.
"I would really like to get some new members," Golden Threads organiser Gloria Gee said.
"After the past year, loneliness is something we don't have to live with."
You may also want to watch:
Golden Threads' organise, Gloria Gee put together the group session after becoming a widow in January 2014.
"I was really lost and really lonely," Mrs Gee, 81, said.
- 1 Police arrest man in Gorleston murder probe
- 2 Opening date confirmed for new Sports Direct in town's former M&S
- 3 Murder victim's brother: 'Please help find my beloved sister's killer'
- 4 Man stabbed victim in chest with screwdriver at cemetery
- 5 'Trauma cafe' taking shape in former high street electrical shop
- 6 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 7 Sinkhole appears on busy coastal bus route in Gorleston
- 8 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 9 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 10 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
"I decided to run a coffee morning so I could meet people again and, quite quickly, I felt like me again."
The sessions will be running every other Wednesday from next week (June 9) between 1:30 and 3:30pm at St George's Theatre cafe.