Pub is the place for over 50s to meet and have fun and socialise
- Credit: Archant
Friendship is on the menu at the Golfers Arms pub in Great Yarmouth when a new lunch club supporting the over 50s open its doors.
Age Connected will be launching the weekly lunch club at the pub on North Denes Road from Thursday, August 2 at noon.
Jo Wright, the landlady, is an experienced Age Connected lunch club host, and she will be serving a two course lunch for £6, followed by an afternoon of quizzes and games, supported by Age Connected volunteers and staff.
Age Connected runs a number of lunch clubs throughout Great Yarmouth at pubs and its base at the Acorn Centre.
In September it is opening a lunch club at the Kings Head in Filby and is looking for volunteers to help run it.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to visit any of the lunch groups can turn up on the day. No booking required, apart from special lunch club events. Carers also welcome.
Call Age Connected for more details on 01493 262052.
- 1 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 2 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 3 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman
- 4 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 6 'Very little known' about man, 76, who died at home, inquest hears
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 9 Former Norwich City stars to play in Mike Sutton memorial match
- 10 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'