Good progress at Southtown school
Good progress at a Great Yarmouth infant school is matched by a determination to make it even better.Ofsted inspectors who visited Southtown Infant School were overwhelmingly positive about the 164 pupil school where youngsters rise to their teachers' high expectations.
Good progress at a Great Yarmouth infant school is matched by a determination to make it even better.
Ofsted inspectors who visited Southtown Infant School were overwhelmingly positive about the 164 pupil school where youngsters rise to their teachers' high expectations.
Credit is given to the headteacher of five years for helping children to drive up attainment over the last few years with her “effective leadership and clear sense of direction.”
The report says: “The school's calm, positive ethos promotes a strong sense of belonging. Pupils really enjoy school and their good behaviour is reflected in the very few exclusions recently.”
You may also want to watch:
The school received a generous sprinkling of “good” grades across a range of categories.
One problem area identified was attendance - due mainly to a small core of persistent non-attenders. Otherwise standards were “steadily rising” and pupils making “increasingly good progress” despite having very low standards on entry.
- 1 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Council pay out six claims to drivers after car park ramp damaged vehicles
- 4 Neighbours oppose off-licence over crime fears
- 5 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 6 Jail for 'Jekyll and Hyde' builder who made customer 'fear for her life'
- 7 Drug dealer who targeted young people in Great Yarmouth jailed
- 8 'So proud' - School staff clap for children to mark 'phenomenal' work
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
Parents who responded to a questionnaire were almost all very happy with the school.
In a letter to pupils lead inspector George Logan said: “We found yours is a good school that looks after you really well….You can help by continuing to work hard and do your best.”