Good report for police
OFFICERS from Cobholm and Southtown Safer Neighbourhood Team have reported achieving their latest goals.Police patrols have targeted rowdy youths congregating around Cobholm Cage, and issued warnings to troublemakers.
OFFICERS from Cobholm and Southtown Safer Neighbourhood Team have reported achieving their latest goals.
Police patrols have targeted rowdy youths congregating around Cobholm Cage, and issued warnings to troublemakers.
Officers have made coaching staff from the Kickz football programme at the venue aware of the problem and local residents who have reported a fall in disturbances after action was taken.
Cycling proficiency courses have re-started at Edward Worlledge Junior School after the team contacted County Council road safety officer Bob Daynes.
You may also want to watch:
A new course began last month, with officers attending some lessons and handing out fluorescent wrist bands to pupils.
Both safer neighbourhood and response officers have stopped 18 cyclists and given advice on using lights.
- 1 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 2 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 3 Bid for four-storey waterside flats on warehouse site
- 4 Nine cars damaged in overnight spree in Great Yarmouth
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 Woman, 29, gets cervical cancer all-clear after lockdown shock
- 8 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 9 Legal challenge over riverside footpath is finally resolved
- 10 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
A report has been put together on what residents would like to see included at the Halfway House community action day.
The borough council's environmental sub committee received a copy of the report with meetings held to plan the community fete.
Three priorities set at the latest safer neighbourhood team meeting were to continue preparations for the action day and tackle anti-social behaviour in Cobholm and the Lichfield Road area of Southtown.
The next meeting is taking place on May 19, 7pm, at Lichfield Community Centre.