Good report for police
OFFICERS from Cobholm and Southtown Safer Neighbourhood Team have reported achieving their latest goals.Police patrols have targeted rowdy youths congregating around Cobholm Cage, and issued warnings to troublemakers.
OFFICERS from Cobholm and Southtown Safer Neighbourhood Team have reported achieving their latest goals.
Police patrols have targeted rowdy youths congregating around Cobholm Cage, and issued warnings to troublemakers.
Officers have made coaching staff from the Kickz football programme at the venue aware of the problem and local residents who have reported a fall in disturbances after action was taken.
Cycling proficiency courses have re-started at Edward Worlledge Junior School after the team contacted County Council road safety officer Bob Daynes.
A new course began last month, with officers attending some lessons and handing out fluorescent wrist bands to pupils.
Both safer neighbourhood and response officers have stopped 18 cyclists and given advice on using lights.
- 1 House of Fun! When Madness video was shot at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach
- 2 'I was in a dark place' - Woman 'saved' by messages on town's pier
- 3 CCTV appeal after series of Great Yarmouth burglaries
- 4 Hot tub wrecked after car smashes through garden wall from Wilkos car park
- 5 Lovely jubbly! Only Fools and Horses tribute show heads to town
- 6 Great Yarmouth's branch of Costa closed for refurbishment
- 7 Five Great Yarmouth properties with stunning sea views
- 8 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 9 Inquest into death of woman during cosmetic surgery in Turkey delayed
- 10 Retired army general joins ranks of Great Yarmouth company
A report has been put together on what residents would like to see included at the Halfway House community action day.
The borough council's environmental sub committee received a copy of the report with meetings held to plan the community fete.
Three priorities set at the latest safer neighbourhood team meeting were to continue preparations for the action day and tackle anti-social behaviour in Cobholm and the Lichfield Road area of Southtown.
The next meeting is taking place on May 19, 7pm, at Lichfield Community Centre.