Good report for police
OFFICERS from Cobholm and Southtown Safer Neighbourhood Team have reported achieving their latest goals.Police patrols have targeted rowdy youths congregating around Cobholm Cage, and issued warnings to troublemakers.
OFFICERS from Cobholm and Southtown Safer Neighbourhood Team have reported achieving their latest goals.
Police patrols have targeted rowdy youths congregating around Cobholm Cage, and issued warnings to troublemakers.
Officers have made coaching staff from the Kickz football programme at the venue aware of the problem and local residents who have reported a fall in disturbances after action was taken.
Cycling proficiency courses have re-started at Edward Worlledge Junior School after the team contacted County Council road safety officer Bob Daynes.
A new course began last month, with officers attending some lessons and handing out fluorescent wrist bands to pupils.
Both safer neighbourhood and response officers have stopped 18 cyclists and given advice on using lights.
- 1 Pleasure Beach running locals evening with discount for NR postcodes
- 2 Drink driver caught while following police car on A47
- 3 Football club fined and chairman suspended over FA breaches
- 4 Dog rescued after fire breaks out at Gorleston home
- 5 Debate over 665 homes to be broadcast live amid 'heightened interest'
- 6 Children's truck convoy returns to region's road this August
- 7 'Handful' of people kicked out of Norfolk cinema amid Minions TikTok craze
- 8 Artist unveils stunning new butterfly mural on private house
- 9 Queen's baton and carnival set to deliver 'super Saturday' in Yarmouth
- 10 Man jailed for hotel arson which caused £6k of damage
A report has been put together on what residents would like to see included at the Halfway House community action day.
The borough council's environmental sub committee received a copy of the report with meetings held to plan the community fete.
Three priorities set at the latest safer neighbourhood team meeting were to continue preparations for the action day and tackle anti-social behaviour in Cobholm and the Lichfield Road area of Southtown.
The next meeting is taking place on May 19, 7pm, at Lichfield Community Centre.