Good report for police
OFFICERS from Cobholm and Southtown Safer Neighbourhood Team have reported achieving their latest goals.Police patrols have targeted rowdy youths congregating around Cobholm Cage, and issued warnings to troublemakers.
OFFICERS from Cobholm and Southtown Safer Neighbourhood Team have reported achieving their latest goals.
Police patrols have targeted rowdy youths congregating around Cobholm Cage, and issued warnings to troublemakers.
Officers have made coaching staff from the Kickz football programme at the venue aware of the problem and local residents who have reported a fall in disturbances after action was taken.
Cycling proficiency courses have re-started at Edward Worlledge Junior School after the team contacted County Council road safety officer Bob Daynes.
You may also want to watch:
A new course began last month, with officers attending some lessons and handing out fluorescent wrist bands to pupils.
Both safer neighbourhood and response officers have stopped 18 cyclists and given advice on using lights.
- 1 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 2 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 3 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 4 Norwich City legends play football against dementia
- 5 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 6 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 7 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 10 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
A report has been put together on what residents would like to see included at the Halfway House community action day.
The borough council's environmental sub committee received a copy of the report with meetings held to plan the community fete.
Three priorities set at the latest safer neighbourhood team meeting were to continue preparations for the action day and tackle anti-social behaviour in Cobholm and the Lichfield Road area of Southtown.
The next meeting is taking place on May 19, 7pm, at Lichfield Community Centre.