Car break-ins linked to home burglaries in Gorleston
- Credit: Archant
Police in Gorleston are linking a series of thefts from cars with two break-ins in the town.
There were three incidents of insecure cars being entered with items taken, including a sat nav, between Sunday night and the early hours on Monday.
The thefts are being linked to burglaries on Beccles Road between 1.15am and 2.10am on April 14 and Humberstone Road between 10.30pm on April 15 and 9am the following morning.
In the first break-in the homeowner woke up find to find two men inside the property and shouted resulting in both suspects leaving the scene.
During the second incident five Disney ornaments were stolen.
Officers are urging motorists to make sure vehicles are left locked and secure overnight and when unattended.
Police remain keen to hear from anyone who may have any CCTV or dash-cam footage of anyone acting suspiciously in those areas between the times stated to come forward.
- 1 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 2 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 3 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 4 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 5 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 6 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 7 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 8 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
- 9 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 10 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
Anyone with information should call Det Con Mark Carrier at Great Yarmouth CID on 101.
A man, aged in his 30s and from Derbyshire, has been arrested by police and released under investigation in connection with the incidents.