Christmas magic comes to Gorleston
- Credit: Kevin Huggins
A large crowd gathered in the centre of Gorleston as it was turned into a winter wonderland.
On Sunday families cheered as the town's Christmas lights were switched on as there was a break in the bad weather hitting the region.
The lights were switched on by Yarmouth borough mayor Adrian Thompson and the event also featured fireworks and Harbour Radio.
Kevin Huggins, chairman of the Gorleston Traders' Association, was delighted to see so many people turn up for Sunday's festivities.
He said: "The weather had been horrendous, there were gales and hailstones, all sort of things.
"And it just all stopped for the switch-on.
"There must have been a couple of thousand people there. It was amazing to see.
- 1 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 2 'There will be a huge impact' - Councillor's fears ahead of 665 homes vote
- 3 Town road works extended due to depression in road surface
- 4 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
- 5 Where you can watch fireworks in Great Yarmouth this summer
- 6 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 7 Care home says changes have been made after damning inspection report
- 8 Pupils put best feet forward to celebrate their school's 150th anniversary
- 9 Marine company feeling buoyant after securing pilot launch contract
- 10 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
"It was just absolutely fantastic."