Gorleston cliff top festival fun time
BUMPER crowds descended on Gorleston at the weekend for the 12th annual Cliff Top Festival. The streets around Marine Parade were packed as families made their way to the attractions.
BUMPER crowds descended on Gorleston at the weekend for the 12th annual Cliff Top Festival.
The streets around Marine Parade were packed as families made their way to the attractions.
Organised by Gorleston in Gear, the three-day extravaganza kicked of on Friday with revellers invited to the 1970s themed Wig Wam Glam night featuring glam rock band Throb and Beach Radio's Stewart Lee.
There was a sports day on Saturday which began with a park run 5km race and included beach volleyball, gymnastics, karate, basketball, football and table tennis.
You may also want to watch:
There was a Gala Day yesterday with a variety of attractions, displays, stalls and organisations. Entertainment on offer included pleasure rides in a helicopter, fairground rides, food and drink stalls and live music.
The festival came to sparkling end with a firework finale sponsored by Great Yarmouth Borough Council tourism.
- 1 Great Yarmouth man banned from high street at night
- 2 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 3 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 4 New Sports Direct in town's former M&S set for summer opening
- 5 Norfolk ban for three men who stole cash from Yarmouth fruit machines
- 6 Coastal holiday parks getting £3m investment
- 7 Woman shares horror after pet cat Dave is mutilated by elastic band
- 8 The challenges of May 17 re-opening - including keeping people sat down
- 9 "I love it here" - No surprise at village's Rightmove popularity
- 10 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
Last year the festival, formerly the Cliff Top Gala, attracted 35,000 people.