Gorleston cliff top festival fun time
BUMPER crowds descended on Gorleston at the weekend for the 12th annual Cliff Top Festival. The streets around Marine Parade were packed as families made their way to the attractions.
BUMPER crowds descended on Gorleston at the weekend for the 12th annual Cliff Top Festival.
The streets around Marine Parade were packed as families made their way to the attractions.
Organised by Gorleston in Gear, the three-day extravaganza kicked of on Friday with revellers invited to the 1970s themed Wig Wam Glam night featuring glam rock band Throb and Beach Radio's Stewart Lee.
There was a sports day on Saturday which began with a park run 5km race and included beach volleyball, gymnastics, karate, basketball, football and table tennis.
You may also want to watch:
There was a Gala Day yesterday with a variety of attractions, displays, stalls and organisations. Entertainment on offer included pleasure rides in a helicopter, fairground rides, food and drink stalls and live music.
The festival came to sparkling end with a firework finale sponsored by Great Yarmouth Borough Council tourism.
- 1 TV presenter Stephen Mulhern spotted filming pop-up game show in Yarmouth
- 2 Appeal to find missing man from Gorleston
- 3 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 4 Weekly fireworks making 'spectacular' return to seafront
- 5 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 6 Drone images show devastation caused by holiday centre fire
- 7 Bid for grocery store in end-of-terrace house
- 8 Missing man from Gorleston found
- 9 'Unbelievable grief' - Friend plans remembrance garden for Gorleston woman
- 10 Yarmouth police officer admits seven child porn offences
Last year the festival, formerly the Cliff Top Gala, attracted 35,000 people.