Gorleston cliff top festival fun time
BUMPER crowds descended on Gorleston at the weekend for the 12th annual Cliff Top Festival. The streets around Marine Parade were packed as families made their way to the attractions.
BUMPER crowds descended on Gorleston at the weekend for the 12th annual Cliff Top Festival.
The streets around Marine Parade were packed as families made their way to the attractions.
Organised by Gorleston in Gear, the three-day extravaganza kicked of on Friday with revellers invited to the 1970s themed Wig Wam Glam night featuring glam rock band Throb and Beach Radio's Stewart Lee.
There was a sports day on Saturday which began with a park run 5km race and included beach volleyball, gymnastics, karate, basketball, football and table tennis.
There was a Gala Day yesterday with a variety of attractions, displays, stalls and organisations. Entertainment on offer included pleasure rides in a helicopter, fairground rides, food and drink stalls and live music.
The festival came to sparkling end with a firework finale sponsored by Great Yarmouth Borough Council tourism.
- 1 Football club president is face known to thousand of Hippodrome fans
- 2 Where you can watch fireworks in Great Yarmouth this summer
- 3 Plans to revamp Great Yarmouth town centre gather pace
- 4 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 5 PM's pledge over new hospitals, including James Paget, to be probed
- 6 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 7 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
- 8 Wimbledon hopes come to an end for Norfolk tennis ace
- 9 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
- 10 Rapid growth of farm shop proves value of business diversity
Last year the festival, formerly the Cliff Top Gala, attracted 35,000 people.