Gorleston dancer's West End show
Dancer, Joshua Lacey, has just stepped into his third West End show.At the age of just 22, Josh has already embarked on an impressive career in the theatre world.
Dancer, Joshua Lacey, has just stepped into his third West End show.
At the age of just 22, Josh has already embarked on an impressive career in the theatre world.
A former pupil of The Dancers School in Gorleston, Josh was accepted into full time vocational training at Performers College in Corringham at the age of 16. After three years of dedicated hard work and training he graduated with enough talent to successfully audition for the original London cast of the West End premiere of the musical Wicked.
Following this first amazing year, Josh went into the musical Billy Elliot where he also danced the role of the grown up Billy. After a stint working in Paris another successful audition took Josh back into the West End, where he is now appearing in Chicago in the role of Fred Casely.
You may also want to watch:
His former dance teacher, Jayne King, said: “He has done amazingly well to have gone straight into the West End after leaving college, and then to have managed to maintain that success by going immediately into other major London shows. It is not only a reflection of the talent that he showed from a very young age, but also a result of immense hard work. Josh has always worked really hard and really deserves his success, and I hope that he will be an inspiration to others who aspire to similar goals.”
- 1 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
- 2 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 3 New Sports Direct in town's former M&S set for summer opening
- 4 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 5 "We're looking to move soon" - Neighbours' anger over derelict building fires
- 6 Cafe opens at expanded farm shop that boomed during lockdown
- 7 Legal challenge over riverside footpath is finally resolved
- 8 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 9 The challenges of May 17 re-opening - including keeping people sat down
- 10 "I love it here" - No surprise at village's Rightmove popularity