Gorleston Gala help appeal
GORLESTON Cliff Top Gala organisers are appealing for more volunteers to run this year's event at the end of the month.Helpers are needed to do vital work such as setting up marquees, marking out plots, putting up fences and general stewarding.
GORLESTON Cliff Top Gala organisers are appealing for more volunteers to run this year's event at the end of the month.
Helpers are needed to do vital work such as setting up marquees, marking out plots, putting up fences and general stewarding.
The committee which is busy finalising all the attractions is asking for anyone who can at least give a few hours a day to get in touch.
Gorleston in Gear chairman John Barnden said that while things were building well for the three day event starting July 31, the response from volunteers had been the lowest ever.
You may also want to watch:
With 160 fence panels to put up, chairs and tables to set out, signage and marking out to do more hands are needed behind the scenes from the Thursday through to the Monday - when it all has to be dismantled and packed away.
“We need eight or so people who can spend some time with us from Thursday to Monday. To ask people to come full time is a bit much but we are looking for people to help with the endless jobs that need to be done.
- 1 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 2 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 3 Work on Great Yarmouth's Third River Crossing 'progressing well'
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 7 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 8 Too early? Family put up Christmas lights... in October
- 9 Picturesque path stays closed to dog owners after consultation
- 10 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
“This is the weakest year in terms of volunteers and it has been getting worse for the last two or three years and I know talking to other groups that they are having problems too. I'm sure there are sufficient people out there that could spare three to four hours a day.”
Meanwhile he is hoping for help from a Norfolk volunteer organisation that has provided manpower at other community events.
Mr Barnden said every other aspect of the clifftop gala was building well with plenty of activities planned for the sports' Saturday and gala Sunday which will feature exciting food and drink.
The three day festival kicks off in style on July 31 with a 70s themed night in a large marquee on Marine Parade. Tickets are �5 in advance from 01493 664140 and �6 on the door.
To find out about what you can do to help call Mr Barnden on 01493 600304.